Lisa Neuhart is a native Houstonian with a genuine passion and ability for helping and empowering people to: achieve their individual goals, strengthen their relationships, and foster family connections. She strives to help clients heal and recognize their full potential, create lasting relationships, and live the life they desire.
Lisa's experience and initial interest in counseling/therapy stems from a lifelong desire to help others and a natural curiosity to better understand people and the world around her. She has always had a strong interest and natural ability to understand, connect with, and inspire others. Her calm, empathetic, and positive demeanor tends to help others feel at ease in her presence, allowing them to open up about difficulties in their life.
Lisa is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate (LMFT-A), and Certified Anger Resolution Therapist, and has experience providing therapy services to a wide variety of couples, families, individuals (adults & teens), and members of the military community.
Lisa's graduate training and license is in Marriage and Family Therapy (LMFT-A), with her undergraduate training being in Psychology. This blend allows her to better understand and address both the individual internal experiences of each client, while also maintaining a strong systemic focus, helping them to identify and understand relationship patterns. This balance, between the focus on self and relationships, seems to help her clients gain a better understanding and compassion for both themselves and their partners/family members. Thereby, shifting their mindset from one of blame and shame to one of healing, understanding, and connection.
Lisa is also a Certified PREPARE/ENRICH Facilitator and enjoys working with premarital couples helping them discuss several important aspects that impact relationships, some of which include: communication, conflict resolution, sexuality, finances, spirituality, and others to help couples prep for and enhance their relationship. The PREPARE/ENRICH program is based on solid research and has been around for over 30 years, working to help couples to explore and strengthen their relationships. Learn more about the benefits of PREPARE/ENRICH for premarital and marital couples at: http://www.prepare-enrich.com
* Credentials & Education:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate (Texas)
- B.A. Psychology, Cum Laude, Auburn University
- M.S. Marriage and Family Therapy, Kansas State University
- Graduate Certificate Conflict Resolution, Kansas State University
* Additional Certifications & Specializations:
- Currently enrolled in University of Michigan Sexual Health Certification Program - Sex Therapy
- Certified Prepare Enrich Facilitator
- Certified Anger Resolution Therapist
- Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy – ICEEFT Externship
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy -Level 1 (Bridging the Couple Chasm) & Level 2 (Assessment, Intervention, & Co-morbidities)
- This therapeutic approach was developed by Drs. John & Julie Gottman, and is based off of 40 years of their research on relationship and marital satisfaction
AS AN AVID LEARNER, Lisa Regularly Attends PROFESSIONAL Trainings and Conferences to Continue expanding her clinical knowledge & explore new approaches & helpful strategies to best help her clients achieve their Couple or Individual goals.
A few of the recent trainings she has completed, include:
- 2-Day Advanced Mindfulness Training
- 2-Day Trauma Competency Conference
- Sex Made Simple-- Clinical Strategies for Sexual Issues in Therapy (Barry McCarthy, PhD, renowned author & expert on sexuality)
Overall, Lisa strives to create a safe, compassionate, calming space for individuals, couples, and families. She believes therapy should be "tailor made." Serving as a guide for her clients, Lisa combines a variety of effective clinical approaches and practical tools, resulting in a very personalized and collaborative experience. At her core, Lisa's style is goal-oriented, strengths-based, and Solution-Focused. Rather than emphasizing the symptoms or past concerns that brought you to therapy, Lisa will encourage you to visualize your ideal present and future, as she works with you to create unique, lasting solutions.
Supervised By: Julia Wolf, LMFT, LPC -- (713)-824-3706